This is awesome! A 15 year-old school girl from Sweden, Greta Thunberg, telling United Nations (UN) leaders the truth right in front of their faces, and she doesn’t hold back.
Watch this three minute speech here, or read the full transcript below.
Greta Thunberg talks so clearly and accurately and says so many things the senior UN officials really wouldn’t want to hear. Some of my favourite things she says are;
- “we have to speak clearly, no matter how uncomfortable that may be”
- “you are too scared of being unpopular”
- “you are not mature enough to tell it like it is”
- “I care about climate justice and the Living Planet”
- “our civilisation is being sacrificed for the opportunity of a very small number of people to continue making enormous amounts of money”
- “the sufferings of the many which pay for the luxuries of the few”
- “you have ignored us in the past and you will ignore us again”
- “we have come here to let you know that change is coming”
- “real power belongs to the people”